PPAI Job Openings
Our latest career opportunities are listed below.
Apply Now Associate Editor
This position will play a key role in expanding the way the Publications Department delivers content. Primary responsibilities including writing monthly articles for PPB magazine and producing informational podcasts and videos to deliver content digitally. This position will also handle production and distribution of the daily Promotional Consultant Today (PCT). Strong interviewing and writing skills, plus experience in producing stories via podcasts and video (or interest and aptitude to learn) are required.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Research and write monthly articles for PPB magazine as assigned.
- Work with director/editor to develop a strategy for podcasts and videos including name, length, frequency, audience, format, editorial plan and timeline.
- Collaborate with publications staff and others for podcast and video topics that complement print and/or online articles as appropriate.
- Identify sources and develop angles for podcasts.
- Based on the podcast editorial plan, schedule and conduct live and phone interviews, edit audio, insert introduction, ending and music. Route to staff for proofing; make edits as needed. Post/distribute podcasts by predetermined deadlines.
- Based on the video plan, identify topics and sources for videos and video series. Schedule experts and shoot interviews, edit video, add wrapper and music, and route to staff for proofing. Make edits as needed. Post/distribute videos by predetermined deadlines.
- Track success of the podcasts and videos; look for ways to increase their effectiveness.
- Edit and proof provided PCT copy according to predetermined schedule. Place text and ad into provided template. Route to staff for proofing. Schedule delivery using provided email list. Monitor provided metrics. Maintain email list.
- Keep up with current digital and podcast trends and best practices
- Edit and proof PPB copy for each issue from initial Word documents through final printer’s proof.
- Contribute to monthly, semi-annual and annual editorial planning and idea sharing sessions.
- Represent PPAI at industry events and assist with onsite reporting and event photography as assigned.